Wednesday 1 November 2017

Elf-tastic

I've been getting inky again with my ink pads and daubers to create a background for some die cut images.  I 'cased' a card from Karin using the Santa's Elves stamp set.  I liked it so much that I made 3 using different elves from the same set.

To create the circle I cut a circle from paper and then use that as a template to ink some Tumbled Glass working my way inwards from the edge getting slightly lighter towards the centre.










Water-coloured on Langton Watercolour paper with Ranger Distress Ink Reinkers:
  • Hair: Vintage Photo 
  • Skin: Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick, Tea Dye
  • Greens: Shabby Shutters, Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint, Bundled Sage, Forest Moss
  • Blues: Tumbled Glass
  • Reds: Abandoned Coral, Fired Brick, Aged Mahogany
  • Grey: Weathered Wood
  • Gold: Scattered Straw, Wild Honey

Card Recipe:


From Dies To Die For:
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



9 comments:

Sarah said...

What brilliant cards, the inky background is brilliant. I have just been colouring these guys too!! xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

These are adorable, love the background

Carol S. said...

A gorgeous trio of loveliness! Love the backgrounds, perfect for the little guys. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Wendy L said...

A lovely set of cards all so cute Netty. Xxx

Aquarius said...

Great cards using these adorable elves

Aileen said...

I love how you have used the elves here and I must say you have given me some wonderful ideas. When sick I colour so I have lots of trees and elves etc coloured and was wondering what to do as I really am not into creating big scenes and the last card I did I forgot to ground everything. Now.......I love this idea of a blended background so cool.....off to find my blending tool. Will give credit to your wonderful idea, thank you.

Anne said...

Love them! I have these stamps and your cards are great inspiration for achievable cards

Anne x

Christine L said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the fab CAS design you've used on these cards Annette... and of course, my favourite elfs too.... perfection!

Christine x

Squirrel x said...

One of my favourite MFT sets, and you have worked those elves girl, fabbie cards!! 😍 xx