Thursday 5 October 2017

Pom Pom

I've used one of my oldest Lili of the Valley images for today's As You Like It Challenge where our theme is to show us whether you prefer ribbons or flowers.  I admit that I love flowers as embellishments, but I'm not great at colouring them and I love adding ribbon to my cards. I also love making double bows to showcase the ribbon which I've done on today's card, even though it's still fairly clean and simple. 




Water-coloured on Langton Watercolour paper with Ranger Distress Ink Reinkers:
  • Hair: Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy, Vintage Photo, Gathered Twigs, 
  • Skin: Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick, Tea Dye
  • Grass: Shabby Shutters, Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint
  • Dress: Tumbled Glass, Hickory Smoke
Card Recipe:

If you're interested in a comparison, I first used this girlie in January 2011 when I produced the card below. I'd like to think that I've improved a little since then! :0)




I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



15 comments:

Aquarius said...

I so love this fairy with attitude and I am in awe of your colouring skills

Elaine Stark said...

Cute as always. Elaine

Carol S. said...

Gorgeous card and love this fairy. I can see a slight change in your colouring!! LOL!! Hugs, Carol S.xx

Carole Pollard said...

Just love her this was my first LOTV stamp as well Great cards Love and hugs Carole x

Rene said...

This is so cute! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations. Good luck,
Rene

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Gorgeous birthday cards
love the sweet fairy
thanks for your visit and your comment on my blog
hugs Tamara

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, absolutely love the colour combo and that gorgeous ribbon :)
Hugs Kaz xx

Sarah said...

So cute Annette, loving the pretty aqua colour and the perfectly matched ribbon. What a lovely look back too!! I am too scared to go back and look at my beginnings !! xx

Anne said...

She's one of my favourites too Annette and I love the aqua for a change.
It's good to look back on old makes, the difference in your colouring is amazing, practise makes perfect!

Have a good weekend

Anne x

Christine L said...

I've always loved this little fairy... and you've made a fabulous card using her.... I love that aqua!

Christine x

Margaret said...

It's a tossup. Both cards are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at creatalicous. Good luck. Maggie, DT

Henry said...

Your cards are so beautiful and full of fascinating colors, Elaine!!! Thanks for sharing your great inspiration:)
Henry

Grietje said...

This is such a beautiful card and really cute image. Love the coloring and the glitter you've used. Thank you for sharing it with us over at Creatalicious Challenges. Goodluck and hope to see you next time.

xx Grietje
Grietje's Kaartenhoekje
Creatalicious Challenges DT

Squirrel x said...

She really does look as if she's about to "spell" someone, but not in a good way, lol. Gorgeous xx

Melanie said...

A wonderful card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional make your own background” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)