Wednesday 25 October 2017

A Halloween Hello

I 'cased' a card by Tara following her fabulously easy tutorial for a night sky background using my DI pads and a dauber.  I did get quite inky fingers though, and only the finger with the dauber seemed to escape!  

I stamped the bat and then masked it.  The moon was a simple circle which further masked the card. I then used my dauber to ink from the edges inwards getting lighter as I moved inwards.  When the masks are removed the moon looks like it really 'glows'. I added a bit of shading to the moon itself, coloured the bat and stamped a sentiment.



Water-coloured on Langton Watercolour paper with Ranger Distress Ink Reinkers:
  • Moon: Antique Linen, Pumice Stone
  • Bat: Hickory Smoke, Black Soot, Victorian Velvet, Bundled Sage
  • Night Sky: Victorian Velvet, Wilted Violet, Seedless Preserves, Black Soot

Card Recipe:


From Dies To Die For:
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx


9 comments:

Aquarius said...

Great inking and I love the fact that the bat isn't really too scary even if he is trying to be!!

Tami said...

Wow really cool card! Love it!!

Christine L said...

Your background shading around the moon is fabulous Annette... and like you say, really makes the moon glow! Have you tried using one of the blending sponges too? I have far more success with those than I do with the TH blending tool.. but I've not tried the daubers.

Christine x

Sarah said...

This is SOOOOOO good!! I never thought I would say this but...that is such a cute bat!! The ones that fly around my house at night aren't anywhere near as cute...euuuugh!! xx

Carol S. said...

Very different for you and a brilliant design. A very batty bat!! Great fun. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Such an effective background, your moon really pops brightly on the page. Love how that cute bat is highlighted by its glow. Thank you for joining in with the Get your Spook on Challenge and sharing with us all at That's Crafty.
Best Wishes Tracey DT

Sandra said...

Such a gorgeous Halloween card. Love the pretty moon and stunning purple night sky. The bat is so cute love it. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Gayatri said...

Such a gorgeous background. Spooky Halloween card. Thank you very much for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. Gayatri xx

Anne said...

Deceptively simple, that inking is wonderful Annette what a gorgeous effect

Anne x