Sunday 17 September 2017

Pop-Up Elephants Box Card

I've tried my hand at making another of the pop up boxes.  I'm sure I could have made this easier by not trying to reinvent the wheel with my own template, but now I've made it I thought it was worthwhile giving it a second outing!

My card uses the aptly named Adorable Elephants which are the perfect size for my box and its sleeve.  I also used the MFT Peek-a-Boo Window die to make a little frame for the heffalumps. It turned out to be the perfect size for fitting both the box that I'd made and framing the elephants without covering up any of the image. I layered it over the top of my image to frame it and trimmed the excess along the outer stitch line.






Here's the box folded flat being slid into its sleeve.  It automatically pops into a small box when it's pulled out of its sleeve because of an elastic band inside which pulls the opposite edges of the box inwards.



... and another of it popped open with the heffalumps on show:






Water-coloured on Langton Watercolour paper with Ranger Distress Ink Reinkers:
  • Pinks: Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick
  • Grass: Shabby Shutters, Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint
  • Purples: Milled Lavender, Dusty Concord
Card Recipe:
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



6 comments:

Christine L said...

OMG.... WOW WOW WOW!!! LOVE this!!!

Christine x

Carol S. said...

Love the Ellies and your box is amazing. Very different from the one I had a go at for my sister. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Wow!!! Love it Annette, will you be doing a tutorial on this? Would love to give it a go :-)

Hugs Julie x

Anne said...

This is fantastic Annette, and a perfect showcase for those adorable elephants
A tutorial would be fab!!

Anne x

Caly Person said...

I LOVE this! So cute!

Squirrel x said...

Gimme! Xx