Tuesday 12 March 2013

Daisy-Mae's Door Hanger

We're half way through our 'Up Up and Away' challenge at Top Tip Tuesday.

I've created a cute little door hanger for a work colleague who had a baby girl a few weeks ago using an image of Barry Bear with a balloon.   My image is painted with DI re-inkers on water colour paper, and I used some thick glittered backing papers which are stuck onto the MDF door hanger and trimmed to shape.

I've also added a couple of die cuts, my new Lavish Branch and also my Memory box Banner.  With difficulty, I added some lettering by printing it onto the green card before using the die.  It was a bit fiddly, but I got there in the end.


Here's a close up of my painted image with his glossy nose and balloon.  I printed him out in a grey outline colour so that the lines were not as dark. I think it gives a softer effect with the DI painting.



See my cards available to buy on eBay
eBay


Card Recipe:
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting.

10 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

such a sweet tag love the layout and the colours and the cute image
Hugs Kate xx

Doreen said...

This is beautiful,love the image and great layout.xxx

Christine L said...

Fabulous door hanger Annette... I really must have a go at one of those!

Hugs
Christine x

Mojca said...

oh your colouring is just divine. hugs! Mojca

Jingle said...

This is QUITE adorable! Great coloring! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Elise said...

OH my gosh Annette, now how DARLING is this?!!! Love the colors on this too!

Big Hugs,
Elise

Dee's Craft Room said...

Oww this is so lovely, really cute image and beautiful design.

Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Larissa said...

Oh wow this is so cute! Love how you coloured Barry, you really rock with the water colouring!!!

-xxx-

Pat (mspfd) said...

How adorable! Love the shape of the door hanger; it's such a fun idea!

Bettina L. said...

Adorable door hanger and I love the design with the leaves and flowers too. Hugs Bettina xx