Tuesday 11 September 2012

Expensive ribbon, but free chocolates?

OK, enough of green cats (if you read yesterday's post you'll understand this!)  We're back to normal with our colour schemes today!   Thank you so much to all of you who commented on my post yesterday.  I've watched a few tutorials on You Tube last night, and ordered a few more colours to play with. I hope they come soon and I can play with them at the weekend again.

This fortnight's challenge at Top Tip Tuesday is "Recycle it".

When I bought this plain red ribbon, it was quite expensive at £3.50 a metre, but it did come attached to a free box of Thorntons Chocolates (bought in the outlet store in town for half price, cos they're even yummier when they're half price!).


I've shared several tips this week on the Top Tip Tuesday Challenge Blog:

Tip #1 - use a clothes peg to hold bows firmly in place on your card until the glue dries.
Tip #2 - wait until the glue is dry before you lose patience and take the photos.
Tip #3 - follow your own advice!

Yup, the glue was still wet and you can see a bit of shine under the bow (it did dry clear so is fine now, but I was impatient as usual!)


See my cards available to buy on eBay
eBay


We're sponsored this week by Bugaboo Stamps and Ooh-La-La Creations

Card Recipe:
Please pop on over to the Top Tip Tuesday Challenge Blog to see the other creations by the talented design team, and to enter our challenge.  I look forward to seeing your creations this week.

I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting.

9 comments:

Mojca said...

Oh the image isso cute! And just love the gorgeous papers. Perfect. Hugs! Mojca

Anonymous said...

Ohhh lala did you eat all the chocolates? Hmmmm! I bet you did! haha!! tehhhehe LOVE your card and Great colouring and Tip Too! tehhehe hugs me x

Aud said...

Having a laugh here Annette nice excuse to buy a box of choccies, I need the ribbon !! I must say tho it looks fab on your card, its so sweet. Aud x

Dawn said...

lol I love your tips! Your card is pretty cool too! What did you do with all those scrp choccies? I could come round & help you eat them!!! lol
Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Pad!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Larissa said...

Another funny post! :)
Love the image you used and the design paper is cute!

Hugs,
Larissa

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card, fab sweet image.
luv
Debby

Kara Lynne said...

Such sage advice! I keep having to relearn patience. Such a cute bug and darling paper with it too!

shaz earl said...

Hi Annette

Lovely card thank you for sharing at Sparkles Monthly challenges
but as this is your 4th entry it will not be allowed in the prize draw

Shaz x

Diane said...

Fantastic cute card Annette !! Thanks again for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week !!

hugs Diane xx