Tuesday 23 August 2011

A Pants Card

There is a new challenge today at Top Tip Tuesday, and the theme to play along with this week is Masculine cards.  This is a great opportunity to make a card for my Dad's birthday which is at the beginning of September.  I've used a Dustin Pike image which I rarely get chance to work with, but I think they make great masculine cards.

My dad will never tell me what he wants for his birthday.  He always says that he doesn't want anything.  While this may be sweet, it makes it a real pain to buy him a gift, cos I'm always going to get him something.

So he usually gets ends up with either camping gift vouchers (cos he goes away with the Camping Club about 5 weeks a year now he is retired and has built himself a camper van) or he gets a new item of clothing (cos quite frankly some of his items are beyond the stage of being 'on their way out', and he doesn't seem to ever replace them under his own steam.)

Therefore, the inside of the card says :

When you don't tell me what 
you want for your birthday ...


... that's when you receive underpants.

I thought that was quite apt !

Card Recipe:
Please pop on over to the Top Tip Tuesday Challenge Blog to see the other creations by the talented design team, and to enter our challenge.  I look forward to seeing your creations this week.

I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting.

11 comments:

Pink Dandelion said...

Ha your dad sounds exactly like mine lol. Love your card and the sentiment is perfect. Debs xx

Alyna said...

i think all the dads are like this :). Mine does the same too. a very sweet card i am sure he will like it. cute image and very nicely done.
hugs
Alyna

Chrissy said...

Oh! I have sons like that.
Love the sentiment, that gave me a giggle. Great card Annette.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Christine L said...

Fab card Annette!! Love what you put inside too..... serves him right for not telling you!!
LOL
Hugs
Christine x

Alanna said...

Great card. Super cute image. Thanks so much for joining us at Lollipop Crafts this week.

debby4000 said...

Fabulous, fun card Annette, love the DP image.
luv
Debby

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card, love the image he is fab!

Thank you for sharing with us at Sparkles FC, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Lesley said...

Great card, I love the image! Thanks for taking part in the SFC and good luck xx

Larissa said...

Great card! The image makes me smile.

Hugs,
Larissa

Laurel Beard said...

Great card!! Thanks for joining us at Wee Memories.

Crafty Lynz said...

great card!!

Thanks for joining us at SFC. L x