Saturday 30 July 2011

Gerda's Virtual Birthday Party - Blog Hop at Stamp Fairy

It's a VERY special day at Stamp Fairy because today is .....

Gerda's 30th Birthday

Happy 30th birthday, Gerda.  I hope that you're suitably dressed for your party? (and not still wearing your PJ's !!).  

Put that bowl of breakfast cereal down, push aside that 'wake-up' coffee, and get yourself in that party spirit, girl !!  Cos IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY !!!  YIPPEE !!!

The teamies at Stamp Fairy are celebrating by throwing you a surprise Virtual Brithday Party! 

Today's your day, so ........

LET'S GET ON WITH THE PARTY !!!

Grab yourself a glass of champers, put on your dancing shoes, and come on in and join the party with us !!

If you have arrived here from the super talented Celine's blog, then you're in the right place.  If not, make sure you start at the beginning of the Party which is the 'party invitation' at Stamp Fairy World blog.

By now you should be well and truly in the party spirit, as my lovely teamies have set up the party from the start; from Jackie's invitation to getting your party frock on; Deanne and Dora blew up the balloons, Lelia brought flowers for birthday girl, Carissa provided the music, Lisa showed you some moves on the dance floor, and Celine has poured the drinks.

So what comes next in a party ???   Well, I think it is about time for ...

BIRTHDAY  GIFTS !!!

So it's my turn to reveal my project, which is the birthday present.  I've made a little birthday box out of card, and adorned it with 8 (yes, 8) different Stamp Fairy characters, and some pretty pink embellishments  (Gerda, I hope you like the colour pink, cos you'd better prepare to overdose on the stuff !!!). 

Beware, picture overload coming up ..... LOL

Here's the first views showing it from 2 corners, with the little pairs of characters.  I've also glittered something on each panel too, to give it some extra sparkle, but it's not showing up very well on the images.  Doh !!!




Now here is each of the 4 sides in their full glory !!!

Freebie Bunnies (glittered flowers):


Panda Paul Bamboo (glittered bamboo):


Donny Ladybug (glittered hats/wings):


And of course, Lenny (glittered bubbles and hat):


I lined the inside of the little box, and punched a pretty lacy border :



And finally, here's the lid, which I've lined and embossed inside  ......




..... and decorated with pink seam binding, pink flower with pink stamens, pink tag and (you've guessed it) pink pearls. 




To Win ...

If you want to win your choice of 1 image from any of the 8 fantastic characters that I've used on my project, then please leave a comment, specifically wishing Gerda, the birthday girl, a HAPPY BIRTHDAY (so I know you're here for the hop).  

A winner will be drawn from all the qualifying comments after the hop ends on Monday 1st August.  Make sure you include your email address on your comment so we can contact you if you win.  Winners will be notified later in the week.

What's next ?

Carry on hopping through the party, The lovely Tracey is next so hop along to her blog to see what is next on the party agenda.  


Be careful you don't have too much bubbly to drink too soon though, otherwise you'll not make it through to the end of the party.  A couple of the girls have birthday cake (yummy) so make sure you don't miss out on that !!!!!!   LOL.

Project Recipe:

30 comments:

Anita said...

Wow, Annette,this is totally stunning! This is such a gorgeous gift box.

Sandy said...

What a wonderful idea. Love all the details like the lace edge and inside top. Just gorgeous.

Gerda said...

OMG, Annette!!!

I am blown away.. I love gifts (I mean, who doesn't...) and this one is superbe!!! I love the colors you used and I love the papers and the bling and the cute border and the pearls - I love everything about it!!!

I feel so blessed that we met and I am very happy and proud that you are celebrating my Birthday with me today.. You only turn 29a once in your life and I am glad it happens today and with you and all the other lovely ladies from the team!!

Thanks so much my friend, a tissue box on the next blog would be perfect *smiles*

Hugs, Gerda

Unknown said...

OMG Anette this is amazing amazing amazing, wow what a fabulous project you did, it's awesome, I love it xx he he wish I was the birthday girl now.. and being 29 is so much better than 43 as well ha ha :)

hennie said...

What a beautiful box and what a party today! Congratulations and greetings to Gerda Hennie.

Chrissy said...

What a stunning box Annette, all the images are just beautifully coloured, such a special gift for Gerda.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Karen said...

OH WOW!! This is amazing!! So much work hun, and the finished result it FABBY!! I love this so very much. :0) Hugs to you. Karen.xx

Céline said...

OMG Annette!!!!!!!
so amazing gift box!!!!! i love all, the characters, colors, embellies!
wonderfull job!
hugs
céline

Larissa said...

Wow annette this is so amazing. I love alll the images you added on the box. Great project!!!!

Hugs,
Larissa

Tracey said...

This is absolutely stunning Netty, I love it!
Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Enny said...

Oh what a beautiful box and the pictures are so sweet ! I love them all !! Happy Birthday Gerda !! Love Enny

Jess Willison said...

WOW! This is awesome! Amazing work!

martina's kaartjes said...

hi annette, lovely creation !!! great job, lovely soft colors,
greetings from belgium,
martina
x

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Wahooooooooooo - this is awesome Annette!!!

Deanne :)

Sandra H said...

Wow what a beautiful gift box its absolutley stunning so much talent
your amazing!! also l would like to say a Happy Birthday to Gerda with all these wishes l'm sure you'll be excited to see them all hope you enjoy your day and have many lovely memories from this Happy Birthday with lots of love Sandra H

Jackie Randolph said...

WOOOOWEEEEEEEEEEE!!! I second every single words that have been said already!! I just think you sent Gerda over the top!! teeheeee!! I think we did it my friend, thanks for being there from the start and sharing all your brillant ideas for a fantastic birthday hop!! Hugs!!!

Kelly G said...

Happy Birthday Gerda! Annette this is absolutely beautiful! With this as the package who needs a gift!

Nikbee said...

Happy birthday Gerda. A gorgeous box. I love the images and the embossed inner lid is fab.
Nikki x

Country Mouse said...

Happy Birthday to Gerda! Love this adorable box!

klm said...

Wow! You are one talented lady! That gift box is gorgeous! I am sure Gerda is enjoying all the love on her birthday : )

Katootje55 said...

A present given in this box counts twice (is this english???) So beautiful...
Happy Bithday to Gerda!!!

lbwright22-loopylou said...

Wow this is an amazing creation. It must have taken you hours and hours to make and shows what a dear friend Gerda is to you. I didn't realise up til now that Gerda was 30 today- I was 30 about 2 months ago and so know what it is like! Pass on my birthday congratulations.

Leanne said...

Oh My Goodness the box is fabulous! Thank you for sharing this beauty. Also Happy Birthday to Gerda!

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

Annette - this is just beautiful! What a great way to use card making talents to make a really personal gift. I hope Gerda likes her Birthday present! Helen x

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

Annette - this is just beautiful! What a great way to use card making talents to make a really personal gift. I hope Gerda likes her Birthday present! Helen x

sallysbitz2 said...

WOW, this is just amazing x

Many Happy Returns Gerda x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

nicky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nicky said...

what a wonderful b-day box for Gerda! Gerda lots of hugs and kuddels from me for you, i hope your day was fine! hugs nicky

Zora said...

What a bautyfull box you made, like it mutch.! Happy bithday Gerda! hope your day will be wonderfull :O) Zora

Jenny said...

What a beautiful gift! Happy birthday!