Sunday 12 September 2010

One for the Boys !

Male themed cards are not my favourite type of cards as I prefer 'cute' rather than masculine, but with both my husband's dad and my own dad's birthday this month I had a challenge on my hands. 

I've purchased some cute-but-masculine themed stamps from my current favourite designer, Lili of the Valley, which have given me some great new inspiration.   I'm also ashamed to say that it is only just September and I've already started on my Christmas cards!

These are two of my most recent creations.


There seems to be a bit of a theme going on here, you may notice!   I've been making some attempts at some alternative pop-up style cards, the above being an easel card and the one below a bit of an over complex concertina style (the latter one being a design I don't think I'll try repeating!)


Finally, I've been making good use of my new Promarkers which I've recently treated myself to. I was previously adicted to my twinkling H2O's but as some of my favourite colours were running low, I thought I'd try something new and invested in some Promarkers.  I think I may be converted, although I suspect my trusted H2Os will be making a reappearance soon!

Hope you like my designs.




2 comments:

Nicola said...

Awe Netty, your cards are adorable. Love your choice of images and wonderful colouration, well done you creating both an easel and concertina card.
Thank you for joining us at Lili of the Valley.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

please consider turning off word verification

Monika Reeck said...

the first card has a cuuutee Images and the second one is lovely Design Neeti...lovely cards...hugs